Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Animal Inside of You



Animal Farm Soundtrack: "The Animal Inside of You"


I chose this for my album cover because I think it is a good representation of Animal Farm as well as the songs I chose.  Many of them deal with man's inner animal and how there is a very fine line between the two.  Man can also be represented in three main groups: pigs, dogs, and sheep, as shown in Pink Floyd's album "Animals".  I also chose this image because you see a very humanized pig.  He is standing on two legs and wearing clothes, both against the Animal Farm comandments.  In this image, the pig also has hands, used for possibly holding whips like at the end of novel.  His expression also gives away his evil manner and makes it easy to picture him as Napoleon.  I also think it is interesting that he has overly large ears.  It makes me think of the big bad wolf in Little Red Riding Hood.  "The better to hear you with, my dear."  Maybe that is how he hears everything-like the animals confessions and their guilt, which also fits with Big Brother in George Orwell's 1984.

1 comment: